Chapter 2 – 6 Key Questions to Ask
When you start a new role as a manager, these are the six questions that you must be answering yourself addressing in your first 30 days. These six questions relay the foundation to your subsequent interactions. This will mean you will have meetings with your predecessor, new manager, employees, and with your human resources function. Here is what will get you started.
- How do I schedule my meetings?
- What should be covered in my meeting with my predecessor?
- What should I discuss in my meeting with my new manager?
- What are the key things to ask in my meeting with my employees?
- What should I go over with my HR partner?
- What tips will make me successful; what traps do I need to be aware of?